- CLASSICAL, EVENTING, PARA DRESSAGE
- WESTERN DRESSAGE & WDAA QUALIFYING RIDES
- WORKING EQUITATION
- PRIX CAPRILLI
- CLINIC & COACHING
- All uploaded videos must not have been previously reviewed by other licensed judges in a schooling, virtual or licensed shows.
- Videos of tests must be unedited from start to finish.
NO adding of introduction frames graphically. Hand held sign, as stated in item 4, must be seen.
- Video must be clean.
Overlays of text, graphics or other non-photo based images, are not allowed.
- ENTRY SIGN
After entering the arena, prior to beginning the test a sign must be held up showing the name of the show, date of the show, horse’s name, rider’s name and test being ridden. Remove the sign just before beginning the ride.
- NEW RULE FOR 2022 : FILM THE HORSE AFTER YOUR RIDE
Like in the Western Dressage shows, after your final salute, the video needs to show all sides of the horse by going around the horse, showing your spurs, the hind end, both sides and front of the horse. If you are self filming with a PIO or similar,: Dismount and walk your horse to the camera, show both of your spurs. Turn your horse around by hand showing all sides of the horse. YOU MUST NOT CUT THE FILM. MUST BE ONE CONTINUOUS PIECE OF FOOTAGE. This rule is in response of complaints by organizations that no TD is present to insure the protection of the horse. This will help address this issue.
Video must be captured in Landscape mode, not profile.
(Wider than tall) and keep the portions of the area within view.
The test MUST be videoed from Letters C, with the sun at your back.
The test may be called
Coaching during the test is not allowed
The natural background sound for the test must be audible
Judge has final say on lameness
If the judge determines that the horse appears lame or off, the judge has the discretionary right to excuse the ride and not continue scoring.Judge will make notes on the score sheet indicating their observations. The Judge’s decision is final.
If the rider is off-course during a ride. The judge will make a decision of how to handle the mistake as outlined in the Judging Guidelines. Given this is video, a whistle can not be blown and allow the immediate re-ride of the movement. Thus one of the following options will apply:
1) The judge will choose to evaluate what is there.
For example, if you did not do a movement, you will be given a 0 and a off-course error.
2) You will be emailed and given the option to re-ride the test with the corrected movements. The test will then be reviewed from the point of the error.
The Judge’s decision, of which applies, is final.
If the rider/trainer notices the horse is off or lame, PRIOR to submitting the video, a deferment will be given to another show. The rider must contact the Show Office BEFORE the last day of the competition. The horse’s welfare and health must be the first priority.
If the purchaser of a ride, does not submit an entry with video, that is viewable, by the end of the purchased show, or does not request a deferment to another show prior to the end of the purchased show, the fees charged will be forfeited to Virtual Horse Sport. There are no refunds.
There is no dress code, however clothing should be modest in presentation and functional.
No draw reins or side reins will be allowed.
Boots and wraps are allowed.
TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENT RULES
- Videos must be landscape not portrait (wider than tall)
- Uploaded Video File types accepted: MP4, QT, AVI, MOV, WMV, AVI, VP8, AV1,VP9, MPEG-4. Other file types, such as MTS, may require an extra fee for conversion.
~Revised June 16, 2021
An Equestrian Service of Multimedia Designs, LLC