- CLASSICAL, EVENTING, PARA DRESSAGE SHOW RULES
- RIDE & REVIEW TEST COACHING
- WESTERN DRESSAGE SHOW RULES
- PRIX CAPRILLI TESTS
- All uploaded videos must not have been previously reviewed by other licensed judges in a schooling or licensed shows.
- Videos of tests must be unedited from start to finish.
- NEW REQUIREMENT!
After entering the arena, prior to beginning the test a sign must be held up showing the name of the show, date of the show, horse’s name, rider’s name and test being ridden. Remove the sign just before beginning the ride.
- The test may be videoed from Letters C, F or E, with the sun at your back. C is best.
- The test may be called.
- Coaching during the test is not allowed.
- The natural background sound for the test must be audible.
- If the judge determines that the horse appears lame or off, the judge has the discretionary right to excuse the ride and not continue scoring.Judge will make notes on the score sheet indicating their observations. The Judge’s decision is final.
- If the rider is off-course during a ride. The judge will make a decision of how to handle the mistake as outlined in the Judging Guidelines. The Judge’s decision is final.
- If the rider/trainer notices the horse is off or lame, PRIOR to submitting the video, a deferment will be given to another show. The rider must contact the Show Office BEFORE the last day of the competition. The horse’s welfare and health must be the first priority.
- If the purchaser of a ride, does not submit an entry with video, that is viewable, by the end of the purchased show, or does not request a deferment to another show prior to the end of the purchased show, the fees charged will be forfeited to Virtual Horse Sport. There are no refunds.
- There is no dress code, however clothing should be modest in presentation and functional.
- No draw reins will be allowed.
- Boots and wraps are allowed.
JUDGING GUIDE LINES
When ever possible Virtual Horse Sport attempts to give the best opportunity, even if the rider is off-course. In a physical based show, the whistle would be blown and the rider is given an opportunity to re-ride the movement with a deduction for being off-course. That is not possible in a virtual show. In this situation, one of two methods will be applied, at the judges discretion. The decision of the judge is final.
1. Each missed movement will be given a zero (0) points.
2. Judge elects to offer the rider the option to re-record the entire video to be re-judged and submitted during the judging show period. Error will be applied. Choice is up to the rider. Otherwise a zero (0) will be given.
As in a rated show, it is the responsibility of the rider to know the test. Reader communication is for the assistance of the rider. It will not be used as a penalty or reason for the rider not performing the correct movements.
All available tests are found HERE
Those found violating any rules will result in the ride being removed from the system with no refund or deferment of payment to another show. Virtual Horse Sport, reserves the right to decide what rules, if any, have been violated. Riders will be notified by Email.
~Revised October 19, 2020
An Equestrian Service of Multimedia Designs, LLC