CLASSICAL DRESSAGE SHOW RULES
- CLASSICAL DRESSAGE SHOW RULES
- RIDE & REVIEW TEST COACHING
- WDAA SHOW RULES : WESTERN DRESSAGE
- PRIX CAPRILLI TESTS
- All uploaded videos must not have been previously reviewed by other licensed judges, past or present licensed shows.
- Videos of tests must be unedited from start to finish.
- NEW REQUIREMENT!
After entering the arena, prior to beginning the test a sign must be held up showing the name of the show, date of the show, horse’s name, rider’s name and test being ridden. Remove the sign just before beginning the ride.
- The test may be videoed from Letters C, F or E, with the sun at your back. C is best.
- The test may be called.
- Coaching during the test is not allowed.
- The natural background sound for the test must be audible.
- If the judge determines that the horse appears lame or off, the judge has the discretionary right to excuse the ride and not continue scoring.Judge will make notes on the score sheet indicating their observations. The Judge’s decision is final.
- If the rider/trainer notices the horse is off or lame, PRIOR to submitting the video, a deferment will be given to another show. The rider must contact the Show Office BEFORE the last day of the competition. The horse’s welfare and health must be the first priority.
- There is no dress code, however clothing should be modest in presentation and functional.
- No draw reins will be allowed.
- Boots and wraps are allowed.
~Revised June 24, 2020
An Equestrian Service of Multimedia Designs, LLC